My Instagram Inspiration# 1 - Royston Tan


Fell in love with this photo upon first sight.  This photo is taken by non other, than the famous local film director, Royston Tan (Instagram ID: @filmr).  I've gotten Royston's permission to grab his photos for this post.

Most people around me know Royston through his movies, especial '881'.  But... but... I think I need to confess that I actually know Royston through his Instagram.  I gotta admit, though I have heard about Royston about him and his movies, I had not really watched them coz for the past few years,  my world is surrounded by WORK! WORK! WORK! 

It was back in 11 months ago when I happened to spot his photo when browsing through the activities of people whom I followed.  It was a picture of a 1980s vintage James Bond Hidden Phone.  During that time, when I 'like' the picture and made a comment, I wasn't sure if he's the local film director that I heard of...

I browsed through his instagram photos, many of which, caught my attention.  For his photos, consists of many vintage stuff, old places, retro places, etc.  I also noticed his eyes for details on lovely retro window grills, colors, as well as nice perspective of the things he took.

For the common love of vintage / retro stuff, I started to follow him and slowly, we started to exchange conversations via IG comments.  I always love to check out where he got a certain vintage finding where he shared on IG, or, where he took the pictures of an interesting window grill, a retro cafe, retro tailor shop, etc...  And he will always generously share all the info...

As times goes by, I read some of the comments by others, I'm pretty sure @filmr = Royston Tan.  Then, there was another feature of @filmr's IG photo, which includes some short interview that I finally get to confirm this.  Felt sort of excited about this.

Comments

Popular Posts