Starwood has planned to make SPG Keyless available in 150 hotels around the globe by early 2015 across Aloft, Element and W hotels. SPG Keyless is available to SPG members who book a hotel room through one of Starwood’s channels (hotel websites, SPG.com, the SPG app or customer contact centers).
SPG Keyless is a groundbreaking turning point in the traditional hotel experience, redefining the age-old way guests arrive and check-in to their rooms. SPG Keyless allows guests to bypass traditional front desk check-in and access their rooms with a simple tap of their smartphone. The SPG Keyless is powered by the SPG app that is only available for iOS 8 on iPhone 4S or later, and Andriod 4.3 and above.
How SPG Keyless Works:
- SPG Members must register their phone once through the SPG App and allow push notifications.
- After booking a reservation at a keyless hotel and approximately 24 hours before arrival, SPG members are invited to opt-in to SPG Keyless.
- Guests will receive a push notification noting that they are checked in and the SPG App will update with his/her room number and Bluetooth key when the room is ready.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, the guest can completely bypass the front desk (where
available) and go directly to his/her room.
- After ensuring his/her Bluetooth is enabled, the guest simply opens the SPG App, holds
the smartphone to the door lock, waits for the solid green light and enters the room.
Image Credit: W Singapore