Camera Waterfall Mini Album




I'm loving this Camera Waterfall Mini Album that my fellow scrapper mate, Felicia Foo shared with us on the making.  The camera idea is actually picked up from Medrey's free tutorial and add on the waterfall part.  Recently, I chance upon the waterfall album in MAAD flea market and find it so interesting and very much wanted to learn but had no idead what is the technique called.  Coincidentally, Felicia last minute decided to incorporate this technique into the Mini Album for the sharing session!  *Lucky Me*

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about the waterfall mini album, here is a link for you to check it out!  This is a video shared by LiveLoveScrap that I googled online.

For the camera and cover page, I'm using the Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe series Patterned Papers (PP).  The first thought is to use Graphic 45 PP when we are told to bring the vintage designed papers.  Graphic 45 never fails for vintagey design!  I used a brandless script washi tape to wrap around the edges of the camera. 

However, for fun, I added a "flashlight" to my camera.  I folded a mini black box, added a white cardstock, inked with versamark smokey grey color to created some shadow to act as "reflection" and added a transparence on top to act as the glass panael for the flashlight!

I'm glad that the newly bought Prima wooden embellishment is of good use and a great combination to the Tim Holtz Filmstrip, a great finishing to the album cover.  To make the album more complete with the vintage feel, I used the 7Gypsies papertape to wrap around the binding edge.

During the making stage, I'm really scared that I'll turn this beautiful project to an ugly one (due to poor workmanship on the camera itself ).  But I've learned to accept that this is the 1st making and I'll definitely improve on my workmanship after a few more makings.  Hope you like it as much as I do :)

P/S: Thanks Medrey for sharing such a great tutorial shared online!

Comments

  1. ooohhh!!! I love your take on the camera!!! I'm glad the tutorial worked...haha! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Your camera looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    Have a lovely weekend my friend!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new camera, next photo outing bring it along yah :X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts