Did you feel it???

Did you feel stars around you yesterday during evening time? It's not because you are feeling unwell that you feel giddy, it's earthquake!


Well, I felt it... This is the 1st time I've felt that I've experienced it... I'm working overtime in the office, rushing my work and that moment. Then the aircon started to give out some weird noise and I start to feel my chair is shaking and a bit giddy as well... I wonder if it's "something" playing trick on me.... but I decided to dispense the thought, and that it must be me getting too tired that I started to feel stars around me...


Then my colleague in the accounts dept called, she asked if I felt it? I answered yes, I does felt the tremors. And she, having experiencing it several times, shared that it must be earthquake and we should leave office immediately....


And time suddenly wind back to year 2004, where memories of the Nicoll Highway Collapse flooded. When the highway collapses, I was just sitting in my office in the Concourse. Just before we realised what happened, the lights above me are flickering and some get burnt out, and the next time I know, everyone in the office is crowding at the window which can see Nicoll Highway clearly. My other colleagues sitting around the corner facing Nicoll Highway, felt the tremor... Through the window, we see how the road crack into halves and many more within few minutes time, and we see how the contruction crane nearby collapses as well. It's a terrible one, a real tragedy...
If you have no idea but would like to know more about the Nicoll Highway collapse, read this. The above photo is extracted from the same article @ Singapore Infopedia.

Comments

  1. oh yes, i felt it, saw the house move and it was a scary feeling...

    glad we're not badly affected and very sad what happened. truly, we can't ever avoid natural disasters.

    hope you're having a great week and glad you came over for Hari Raya :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts